Tuesday, March 09, 2010

That's it, we're eloping.

I wish weddings were simpler. I wish my mother would leave me alone instead of making plans to fly across the country to stop said wedding. I wish the Intern's extended family would stop acting like children about her parents' long-passed divorce. I wish my family was less prone to gossip and foolishness.

I wish people came equipped with self-censors and realized that our union is not about politics or rebellion, or whatever-the-hell-else. It's about love, and promises, and someone to face the world with. It's about challenging one another, and encouraging each other. It's about serving someone else. Offering compassion, being shown compassion. Breakfast in bed. Frank Sinatra on the ukulele. Getting mad and saying you're sorry. Getting mad and forgetting to say you're sorry. Forgiveness.

Fuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadia said...

Since I'm not overly witty or pithy this spring break...all I'll say is

I hear ya.

Peace and love to you both.

March 16, 2010 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home