My Freakin' Family
If you had told me ten years ago that we would be where we are now, I wouldn't have believed you. And yet, with the closet door swung fully open and all the (read: my) skeletons on display, in my most vulnerable time, I feel deserted. By the very best people I know, or used to know.
In the deepest parts of me, I know that they love me
Even if their actions are hurtful
Harmful
Shameful
Cowardly
Abusive
Even in the darkest parts of me, I know that I still love them
And I know that if I take my glasses off,
If I lean in real close,
If I squint really hard
I can see that on the other side of harmful is helpful
On the other side of shameful is noble
On the other side of cowardly is heoric
And on the other side of abusive is... an ass.
Clearly, I'm still mad about that last one.
In the deepest parts of me, I know that they love me
Even if their actions are hurtful
Harmful
Shameful
Cowardly
Abusive
Even in the darkest parts of me, I know that I still love them
And I know that if I take my glasses off,
If I lean in real close,
If I squint really hard
I can see that on the other side of harmful is helpful
On the other side of shameful is noble
On the other side of cowardly is heoric
And on the other side of abusive is... an ass.
Clearly, I'm still mad about that last one.

2 Comments:
Clearly.
And rightly so.
Post a Comment
<< Home