A ruined batch of cookies
Said Tablespoon to young Teaspoon,
“Young man, we are the same.”
Protested spritely Teaspoon,
“We can’t be interchanged!
“For while you equal three of them,
I’m yet one fluid dram.”
“I’ll thank you very much to watch
your tongue with me, young man.”
Continued Spoon the younger
“I mean no disrespect.
Voluminously speaking,
We differ in aspect.
“And though my words of reason you
May stubbornly denounce,
It cannot be denied, old chap:
You’re one-half fluid ounce.”
“I never was too good at maths,”
The senior Spoon replied.
“It’s you who should have measured out
That sodium chloride.”
Chanelle Tye 2011
“Young man, we are the same.”
Protested spritely Teaspoon,
“We can’t be interchanged!
“For while you equal three of them,
I’m yet one fluid dram.”
“I’ll thank you very much to watch
your tongue with me, young man.”
Continued Spoon the younger
“I mean no disrespect.
Voluminously speaking,
We differ in aspect.
“And though my words of reason you
May stubbornly denounce,
It cannot be denied, old chap:
You’re one-half fluid ounce.”
“I never was too good at maths,”
The senior Spoon replied.
“It’s you who should have measured out
That sodium chloride.”
Chanelle Tye 2011

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home